A step by step recipe to make Multigrain Lasagna
Here is a super-delicious recipe for making lasagna using Naturally Yours Gluten Free Multigrain Pasta.
• 4 cups Tomatoes finely chopped
• 2 tbsp Olive oil
• 1 cloves Garlic sliced
• 1/2 cup onion finely chopped
• 1 tbsp Brown sugar
• 1/4 tsp Dried thyme leaves
• 2 tbsp Basil fresh chopped
• 1/4 tsp Dried oregano
• 2 Bay leaves large
• 1/2 tsp Salt
• 1/2 tsp Pepper
• 3 tbsp Butter
• 1 tbsp Flour
• 500 ml Milk
• 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese grated (Optional)
• 1/4 tsp Nutmeg freshly grated
• 1/4 tsp Salt
• 1/4 tsp Pepper
• 200 grams Naturally Yours Gluten Free Multigrain Pasta
• 1 – 1.5 cups grated cheese (Either processed cheese or a mix of parmesan, cheddar and Mozzarella in equal parts)
HOW TO MAKE SAUCE
1. Add oil and chopped garlic into a large pan
2. Once the garlic is nice and fragrant. Add in the dried herbs.
3. Add the chopped onions, bay leaves and saute for 2 to 3 minutes.
4. Gently move the onions on one side of the pan, keeping the center near the heat clear.
5. Add in the brown sugar. Let it caramelize slowly so it browns not burns. This will add a little brown color that will intensify the color of our sauce.
6. Now mix in the onions again and continue to cook.
7. Next, add in the chopped tomatoes
8. Continue to cook on medium-high for 5 minutes.
9. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
10. Cover the pan, lower the heat and let it simmer gently for 15 minutes.
11. After 15 minutes you should have a thick red sauce.
12. Add in your fresh basil leaves.
13. You can leave the sauce chunky or use a hand blender to blend it to a smooth paste.
HOW TO MAKE WHITE SAUCE
1. Use a heavy bottom saucepan on medium to low heat
2. First, add butter, let it melt completely
3. Add flour and cook for two minutes stirring constantly
4. Slowly add 1/2 cup milk – stirring continuously until no lumps.
5. Add remaining milk, stir continuously
6. Lower the heat and add nutmeg, salt, pepper, and cheese if using.
7. Continue to cook on low until thick and creamy.
8. Use over lasagna below.
HOW TO ASSEMBLE GLUTEN-FREE MULTIGRAIN LASAGNA
1. Preheat the oven/Microwave at 180 C / 360 F
2. Cook the Gluten-free Multigrain Pasta as per directions on package
3. Spray a medium-size microwave friendly pan with oil to prevent sticking.
4. Add the cooked pasta at the bottom
5. Spread the red sauce all over the pasta evenly.
6. Spoon the white sauce slowly without mixing the two sauces.
7. Evenly distribute the grated cheese over it.
8. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes until top is golden and bubbling
9. Let rest for 10 minutes before you serve
Do try and comment in the section below on how did you like this recipe.
1) Home remedies and diet tips for acne - Read Now
2) Myths and Facts about your digestive system - Read Now
3) 10 Evidence Based Weight Loss Tips - Read Now