Buckwheat Noodles in Spicy Peanut Butter Sauce
Recipe for buckwheat noodles tossed together with spicy and creamy peanut butter sauce. The crunch of peanuts and sesame when combined with the spicy-sweet sauce gives the noodles a flavorful boost.
Buckwheat noodles 180g – 1 pack
Capsicum - 1, sliced
Cabbage - 1 cup, shredded
Carrot – 1 Cut into thin strips
Onions – 2, sliced
Ginger – 2 Tsp, finely chopped
Garlic – 2 Tsp, finely chopped
Roasted peanuts - 1/4 cup, roughly chopped
Roasted Sesame seeds – 2 Tsp for garnish (optional)
Oil - 2 Tbsp
Spicy Peanut Sauce
Creamy peanut butter - 1/4 cup
Warm water - 1/4 cup
Soy sauce - 2 Tbsp
Honey - 1 Tbsp
Sriracha/Schezwan sauce - 2 Tbsp (more or less to taste)
Fresh lime juice - 2 Tbsp
Sesame oil - 1 Tbsp
- Heat 2L water in a sauce pan.
- Once the water comes to a rolling boil, lower the flame and add 180 grams buckwheat noodles.
- Cook the noodles on a medium flame for about 4-5 minutes.
- Check and taste a few noodle strands to check doneness.
- Strain the noodles in a colander.
- Then rinse the cooked noodles very well with fresh water.
- Meanwhile prepare peanut sauce by combining all sauce ingredients in a mixing bowl, whisking until well blended and smooth.
- Take 2 Tbsp oil in a pan and heat in a low flame.
- Add chopped garlic and ginger. Fry for a minute.
- Then add sliced onion and fry for about 2 minutes.
- Add all the remaining vegetable and sauté at high flame for about 3-4 minutes till the vegetables are cooked but still retain their crunch.
- Then add the prepared spicy peanut butter sauce and mix well with the vegetables.
- Add the cooked buckwheat noodles to this mixture and toss lightly so that the sauce gets coated evenly. Switch off the flame.
- Garnish with roasted peanuts and sesame seeds. Serve hot.
Do try this recipe and share your comments below.