Soba Buckwheat Noodle Khowsuey
Here is a super tasty and healthy twist to your Khowsuey using Naturally Yours Buckwheat Soba Noodles.
Note: In this article we use Soba noodles and Buckwheat Soba Noodles interchangeably. Both are the same. It is just that, some people prefer to call it soba noodles and some Buckwheat Soba noodles.
Here are some commonly asked questions about Soba Noodles.
Are soba noodles healthy?
Yes Absolutely! They are rich in protein and fiber.
What is a soba noodle made of?
Soba noodles are generally made with buckwheat flour, whole wheat flour and salt.
Will soba noodles help me lose weight?
If you are looking to lose weight via a high protein and high fiber diet then, YES. Soba noodles are a perfect companion for your weight loss journey.
What is the difference between noodles and soba noodles?
The main difference is in the ingredients most noodles are made with "maida" or "refined flour".
Soba noodles are made with buckwheat flour and wheat flour. Soba noodles are healthier than maida noodles.
Nutritional profile comparison between noodles and soba noodles.
What are Buckwheat Soba Noodles?
Buckwheat Soba Noodles are a super healthier than your traditionally available noodles and are made with Buckwheat grain flour and whole wheat flour.
"Buckwheat" is know as "Soba" in Japanese, hence the name Soba Noodles for noodles which are made with buckwheat grain.
Buckwheat is a super healthy non-gluten grain and is rich in protein and dietary fiber.
Naturally Yours Buckwheat Soba Noodles are super easy to cook and make an awesome whole some meal.
Let us now look at how do you cook Buckwheat soba noodles.
How to cook Naturally Yours Buckwheat Soba Noodles?
1. Take about 2L of water in a large pan and boil on high heat. Add a tsp of salt in it.
2. Once the water has come to a rolling boil, add Naturally Yours Buckwheat soba Noodles.
3. Stir once to make sure that the buckwheat soba noodles is not sticking together or to the bottom of the pan.
4. Continue to boil on high heat, stirring occasionally, until the water returns to a rolling boil (about 2 minutes)
5. Once the water begins to bubble and foam, you may wish to turn down the temperature a bit to keep it from boiling over
6. Boil for another 5 to 7 minutes.
7. Test a piece of buckwheat soba noodles to see whether it is the texture you’re looking for (cooked but still a bit firm)
8. Drain the water and keep the buckwheat soba noodles aside.
Health Benefits of Buckwheat Soba Noodles
1. Buckwheat soba noodles is an excellent source of plant based proteins.
2. Soba Noodles is easy to digest due to the presence of dietary fiber
3. Soba noodles helps to build immunity and controls blood sugar
4. High in calcium and several essential minerals
5. Ideal for kids as a nutritious meal
6. Soba Noodles helps to improve heart health
Lets now look at a super healthy twist to the traditional KHOWSUEY.
Lets dive in.
Ingredients for KHOWSUEY.
- 1 Packet Naturally Yours Buckwheat Soba Noodles
- 1/2 cup Broccoli
- 1/2 cup chopped Mushrooms
- 1/2 cup Beans
- 1/2 cup chopped Carrots
- 1/2 cup Spinach
- 1/2 cup chopped Baby corn
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2-3 Kashmiri Red Chillies
- 4-5 Garlic cloves
- Small Ginger
- 2 medium Onions
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 cup Coconut Milk
- 2 Lemongrass leaves
- 2 tbsp Water
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 sliced Onions
- 4-5 chopped Garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup Peanuts
- 1/2 cup chopped Spring onions leaves
- 1/2 cup Coriander leaves
- 1/2 cup chopped Green Chillies
- 1/2 cup Chilli Flakes
Step by Step Instructions on how to make Soba Buckwheat Noodle Khowsuey.
Steps For Making the Condiments:
- In a pan, heat oil and fry the sliced onions till golden brown. Remove from pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, fry the chopped garlic till brown. Remove and set aside.
- In a separate pan, roast the peanuts and crush them slightly. Set aside.
Steps For Making the Khowsuey:
- In a mixer jar, add kashmiri red chillies, garlic, ginger, turmeric powder, onions and 1 tbsp water and grind to a fine paste.
- In a pan, heat oil and add the paste. Cook on medium flame till the oil starts separating.
- Add all the vegetables, lemongrass and 1 tbsp water and cook on medium flame with the lid on till the vegetables turn soft.
- Meanwhile, cook the Buckwheat Soba Noodles as per the packet instructions. Strain and set aside.
- After the vegetables are cooked, add the coconut milk, salt and sugar and bring to a boil.
- Boil for 2 mins and remove from flame.
- In a bowl, add the Buckwheat soba noodles, and khowsuey curry. Garnish with all the condiments as per taste and serve hot.
If you liked this article please comment below and share with your friends.
1) Home remedies and diet tips for acne - Read Now
2) Myths and Facts about your digestive system - Read Now
3) 10 Evidence Based Weight Loss Tips - Read Now