Recipe : Multigrain pasta with almond sauce
- 1 Cup gluten free multigrain pasta
- ½ cup almonds, blanched
- 1 cup milk
- 2-3 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- ½ cup fresh cream
- Salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper
To cook multigrain pasta
- Take about 2L of water in a large pan and boil on high heat. Add a tsp of salt in it.
- Once the water has come to a rolling boil, add Naturally Yours Multi grain Pasta.
- Stir once to make sure that the pasta is not sticking together or to the bottom of the pan.
- Continue to boil on high heat, stirring occasionally, until the water returns to a rolling boil (about 2 minutes)
- Once the water begins to bubble and foam, you may wish to turn down the temperature a bit to keep it from boiling over
- Boil for another 5 to 7 minutes.
- Test a piece of pasta to see whether it is the texture you’re looking for (cooked but still a bit firm)
- Drain the water and keep the pasta aside. Rinse it and then toss it with a bit of oil to make sure that the pasta doesn’t stick to itself
To make multigrain pasta with almond sauce
- To make the almond sauce, add the blanched almonds, 1 cup milk, and 2-3 garlic cloves. You can also use water instead of milk.
- Blend to make a smooth almond puree.
- Add the almond puree to a pan.
- Cook it for 3-4 minutes, till the sauce thickens.
- Add in ½ cup of fresh cream.
- Season the sauce with salt and freshly ground black peppers.
- Add in the boiled pasta. You can add in the vegetable of your choice or cheese at this stage.
- Mix well.
- Serve hot.