15 Minutes Stir Fry Buckwheat Noodles
This wholesome meal of buckwheat noodles tossed together with fresh veggies, paneer and an amazing blend of sauces, would be a sure-shot hit with your family. Quick, delicious and super easy to make.
200 gms Buckwheat noodles
1 tbsp chopped garlic
1/2 cup chopped broccoli
1/2 cup chopped red pepper
1/2 cup chopped purple cabbage
1/3 cup paneer cubes
1 cup chopped spinach
1 tbsp oyster sauce
2 tsp soy sauce
2 tbsp homemade chilli oil
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp honey or sugar
2 tbsp cooking oil
1. In a pan heat up the oil.
2. Add the garlic & stir fry for few seconds.
3. Add the veggies & stir fry for 2-3 minutes.
4. Add the paneer cubes & spinach & mix well.
5. Cook for 1-2 minutes till spinach is cooked.
6. Add the cooked noodles & the sauces & mix everything well.
7. Add the salt & honey/sugar & mix well.
8. Turn the heat off after a minute or so.
Notes : How to make Quick & easy chilli oil at home.
Literally just take few minutes to make & you can store it in the fridge for upto 6 months. Pair it with dumplings, noodles, pasta & literally anything that you want to spice up !!
3/4 cup chilli flakes (spicy/ non spicy upto you)
1 cup sesame oil (or any neutral oil)
2 tsp fine sea salt
8-10 cloves of garlic (slightly crushed)
2 tbsp coriander seeds
4 black cardamoms
4 star anise
1-2 cinnamon sticks
Mix chilli flakes & salt together in a bowl.
Heat up the oil & add rest of ingredients. Let all the ingredients fry in the oil for 2-3 minutes on a high flame.
Turn the heat off & pour the hot oil onto the chilli flakes through a strainer.
Give it a good mix & let it cool down.
Remove it in a glass jar & store it in the fridge.
Also checkout the detailed video ---> Here
Here are some commonly asked questions about Soba Noodles.
Are soba noodles healthy?
Yes Absolutely! They are rich in protein and fiber.
What is a soba noodle made of?
Soba noodles are generally made with buckwheat flour, whole wheat flour and salt.
Will soba noodles help me lose weight?
If you are looking to lose weight via a high protein and high fiber diet then, YES. Soba noodles are a perfect companion for your weight loss journey.
What is the difference between noodles and soba noodles?
The main difference is in the ingredients most noodles are made with "maida" or "refined flour".
Soba noodles are made with buckwheat flour and wheat flour. Soba noodles are healthier than maida noodles.
Nutritional profile comparison between noodles and soba noodles.
WHAT ARE BUCKWHEAT SOBA NOODLES?
"Buckwheat" is know as "Soba" in Japanese, hence the name Soba Noodles for noodles which are made with buckwheat grain. It is a super healthy non-gluten grain and is rich in protein and dietary fiber.
Naturally Yours Buckwheat Soba Noodles are super easy to cook and make an awesome whole some meal.
Let us now look at how do you cook Buckwheat soba noodles.
HOW TO COOK NATURALLY YOURS BUCKWHEAT SOBA NOODLES?
1. Take about 2L of water in a large pan and boil on high heat. Add a tsp of salt in it.
2. Once the water has come to a rolling boil, add Naturally Yours Buckwheat soba Noodles.
3. Stir once to make sure that the buckwheat soba noodles is not sticking together or to the bottom of the pan.
4. Continue to boil on high heat, stirring occasionally, until the water returns to a rolling boil (about 2 minutes)
5. Once the water begins to bubble and foam, you may wish to turn down the temperature a bit to keep it from boiling over
6. Boil for another 5 to 7 minutes.
7. Test a piece of buckwheat soba noodles to see whether it is the texture you’re looking for (cooked but still a bit firm)
8. Drain the water and keep the buckwheat soba noodles aside.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF BUCKWHEAT SOBA NOODLES
1. Buckwheat soba noodles is an excellent source of plant based proteins.
2. Soba Noodles is easy to digest due to the presence of dietary fiber
3. Soba noodles helps to build immunity and controls blood sugar
4. High in calcium and several essential minerals
5. Ideal for kids as a nutritious meal
6. Soba Noodles helps to improve heart health
Recipe & Video Credit: Saista Shaikh
Check out her other recipes here - https://www.instagram.com/sayu_shaikh_/