Red Rice Noodles with Thai Green curry
* 1 pack Naturally Yours Red Rice noodles.
* 2 tbsp thai curry paste.
* 1/2 onion thinly sliced
* 1/2 capsicum chopped.
* 1/2 medium size carrot cut into thin roundles.
* More veggies of your choice.
* Salt to taste.
* 3 tbsp oil.
* 1/2 cup coconut milk.
* 1/2 TSP brown sugar.
* 1 TSP lemon juice.
* Few (Thai) basil leaves.
To cook red rice noodles
- Take about 2L of water in a large pan and boil on high heat. Add a tsp of salt in it.
- Once the water has come to a rolling boil, add Naturally Yours Red Rice Noodles.
- Stir once to make sure that the noodles is not sticking together or to the bottom of the pan.
- Continue to boil on high heat, stirring occasionally, until the water returns to a rolling boil (about 2 minutes)
- Once the water begins to bubble and foam, you may wish to turn down the temperature a bit to keep it from boiling over
- Boil for another 5 to 7 minutes.
- Test a piece of noodles to see whether it is the texture you’re looking for (cooked but still a bit firm)
- Drain the water and keep the noodles aside. Rinse it and then toss it with a bit of oil to make sure that the noodles doesn’t stick to itself.
To make Red Rice Noodles with Thai Green curry
- Heat oil in a wok, add onion, capsicum, carrot and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Then add the Thai green curry paste and saute.
- Add salt, sugar, coconut milk and mix well.
- Then add the basil leaves and let the curry boil.
- Add the cooked noodles and mix well.
- Adjust salt and finish off with lemon juice. Serve hot.