Recipe : Red Rice Noodle Frankie
- 1 Pack Naturally Yours Red Rice Noodles
- 1/2 cup diced Onions
- 1/2 cup diced Cabbage
- 1/2 cup diced Carrots
- 1/2 cup diced Green, Red, Yellow Capsicum
- 1/2 cup chopped Spring Onion leaves
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 4-5 finely chopped Garlic Cloves
- 1/2 cup Schezwan Sauce and extra for spread
- 2 tbsp Hot & Sweet Sauce and extra for spread
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp Pepper powder
- 1/2 cup Grated Cheese
- 1 cup Whole Wheat flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- Butter as required
- In a bowl, take whole wheat flour, add salt and mix nicely. Add water in parts as required and start kneading to form a soft dough.
- Take a small scoop of the dough and roll on a floured surface with a rolling pin to the thickness required and fry the roti on a heated pan. Add 1 tsp butter, after frying each side of the roti. Once the roti is cooked, remove from flame and set aside.
- Cook the Red Rice Noodles as per the instructions on the packet. Strain and set aside.
- In a pan, heat oil and add the chopped garlic. Saute for a few mins and then add onions, carrots, cabbage and all the capsicum. Add salt, pepper, and cook for a few mins.
- Add schezwan sauce and hot & sweet sauce and mix nicely.
- After the veggies are cooked, add the cooked noodles and the chopped spring onion leaves and toss for 2 mins till it's nicely mixed. Remove from flame and set aside.
- Take the roti, spread a layer of schezwan sauce and hot & sweet sauce.
- Spread some diced onions and cabbage. Take a spoonful of Red Rice Noodles and spread on the roti. Add some grated cheese and chaat masala and roll the roti to make a frankie.
- Wrap half of the frankie with aluminium foil or butter paper, so the filling stays in place.