Easy Gluten Free Chickpea Pasta in Almond Pesto
1 pack Gluten free Chickpea Pasta
2 garlic clove
1 onion, finely chopped
1/2 cup yellow capsicum, chopped
1/2 cup red capsicum, chopped
2 Tsp sliced green olives
1/4 cup almonds
1 cup fresh basil leaves
1/4 cup + 2 Tsp olive oil
1/4 cup + 2Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese or any processed cheese
1 tsp salt
1 tsp Black pepper powder or chilli flakes
1. Cook the Gluten free Chickpea Pasta in 2L boiling water for 5-7 minutes.
2. Reserve about 1/2 cup of the pasta water and drain the remaining water.
3. Grind the roughly chopped garlic, almonds and grated cheese for a few seconds. Then, add in the basil and olive oil. Pulse a few times until smooth. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Taste for seasoning and adjust to your liking.
4. Heat olive oil in a pan. Add chopped onion and saute till it starts turning light golden in colour. Then add the chopped coloured capsicum and fry in high heat for about a minute. Season with salt and black pepper powder. Switch off the flame.
5. Toss the cooked Gluten free Chickpea Pasta with the pesto and roasted vegetables in a large bowl and add reserved cooking water ¼ cup at a time or until saucy. Top with the sliced olives and season with more salt and pepper if desired. Garnish with grated cheese and serve.
1) Home remedies and diet tips for acne - Read Now
2) Myths and Facts about your digestive system - Read Now
3) 10 Evidence Based Weight Loss Tips - Read Now