Easy Gluten Free Chickpea Pasta in Almond Pesto
1 pack Gluten free Chickpea Pasta
2 garlic clove
1 onion, finely chopped
1/2 cup yellow capsicum, chopped
1/2 cup red capsicum, chopped
2 Tsp sliced green olives
1/4 cup almonds
1 cup fresh basil leaves
1/4 cup + 2 Tsp olive oil
1/4 cup + 2Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese or any processed cheese
1 tsp salt
1 tsp Black pepper powder or chilli flakes
1. Cook the Gluten free Chickpea Pasta in 2L boiling water for 5-7 minutes.
2. Reserve about 1/2 cup of the pasta water and drain the remaining water.
3. Grind the roughly chopped garlic, almonds and grated cheese for a few seconds. Then, add in the basil and olive oil. Pulse a few times until smooth. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Taste for seasoning and adjust to your liking.
4. Heat olive oil in a pan. Add chopped onion and saute till it starts turning light golden in colour. Then add the chopped coloured capsicum and fry in high heat for about a minute. Season with salt and black pepper powder. Switch off the flame.
5. Toss the cooked Gluten free Chickpea Pasta with the pesto and roasted vegetables in a large bowl and add reserved cooking water ¼ cup at a time or until saucy. Top with the sliced olives and season with more salt and pepper if desired. Garnish with grated cheese and serve.