Recipe : Chickpea pasta with Roasted Tomato and Garlic Sauce
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tomatoes cut into halves, lengthwise
- 3-5 garlic cloves
- Salt to taste
- Freshly ground black peppercorns
- 1 cup gluten free chickpea pasta
- Basil or oregano for seasoning
To cook chickpea pasta
- Take about 2L of water in a large pan and boil on high heat. Add a tsp of salt in it.
- Once the water has come to a rolling boil, add Naturally Yours gluten free chickpea pasta.
- Stir once to make sure that the pasta is not sticking together or to the bottom of the pan.
- Continue to boil on high heat, stirring occasionally, until the water returns to a rolling boil (about 2 minutes)
- Once the water begins to bubble and foam, you may wish to turn down the temperature a bit to keep it from boiling over
- Boil for another 5 to 7 minutes.
- Test a piece of pasta to see whether it is the texture you’re looking for (cooked but still a bit firm)
- Drain the water and keep the pasta aside. Rinse it and then toss it with a bit of oil to make sure that the pasta doesn’t stick to itself
To make Chickpea pasta with Roasted Tomato and Garlic Sauce
- To make the sauce put the halved tomatoes and garlic on a baking dish.
- Season with salt, freshly ground black peppers.
- Drizzle little olive oil.
- Bake at 180 C for an hour.
- Thereafter let the tomatoes cool down a little.
- Blend the tomatoes and garlic to make a coarse sauce. You can make smooth sauce as per your liking.
- Add in more olive oil.
- Toss the boiled pasta in the prepared sauce. Season with your favorite herbs. You can add cheese of your choice at this stage.
- Serve hot.