10 reasons why you should choose wholegrain noodles
Do you feel guilty everytime you make a maida based noodles or pasta for your kids? Does that mean you should keep them away from their favourite meal? Not necessarily…
Although kids absolutely love it as a meal, but as adults, we feel guilty since we know what goes into making noodles. Both instant as well as hakka noodles, available in the market, are made with maida/refined flour whose nutritional value is literally zero. It causes digestive issues as well as wreaks havoc to the blood sugar and cholesterol levels in the body. Most noodles also contain MSG and other artificial flavour enhancers which have been time and again proven to be very harmful to our health.
In the past few years, there has been an increasing shift towards healthier food options. People have started to realize that it is very essential to focus on what they eat in order to avoid health issues such as diabetes, respiratory disorders, neurological disorders, heart diseases etc. These chronic and infectious diseases are on the rise due to stress, poor eating habits, pollution and lifestyle choices.
Brands like Naturally Yours, understand the importance of eating healthy as well as the struggle that parents go through to get their kids to consume nutritious wholegrains such as red rice, quinoa, buckwheat, millets etc.
Noodles and pasta made with wholegrains are an ideal healthy alternative to the regular maida based ones available in the market. They are not only completely devoid of maida but are made with nutritious grains which make them a very good source of dietary fibers and antioxidants.
Benefits of wholegrain noodles and pasta:
- No maida/refined flour : Thus making this a delicious guilt-free meal.
- Easy to digest: They have high fiber content due to the presence of wholegrains. This helps to support healthy digestion.
- Nutritional storehouse: They provide you with the goodness of grains such as quinoa, red rice, buckwheat, millets etc which are rich in essential nutrients like iron, vitamin B, phosphorus, Magnesium and fiber.
- No MSG: The tastemaker in noodles is free from MSG, artificial additives, taste enhancers, colour, preservatives etc. The tastemaker is also made using only natural spices like turmeric, ginger, pepper etc which help to support a healthy digestion. There are no artificial sweeteners or unfamiliar ingredients.
- Versatile: The noodles taste very similar to regular noodles and can be used in different recipes like Ramen, schezwan, chopseuy etc thus increasing their nutritional quotient.
- Kid friendly meal : It is also ideal for moms, who can get their kids to consume wholegrains without a fuss, since it is in the form of their favourite meal.
- Rich in antioxidants: Wholegrains like quinoa are a good source of antioxidants. Red rice has 10 times more antioxidants than brown rice. The antioxidant called Anthocyanin is the pigment which gives red rice its reddish-purple color. These are powerful anti-inflammatory agents and also help to promote skin and eye health.
- Ideal for individuals following weight management diets : Since they are made using wholegrains, the fiber content in these noodles helps to slow down digestion and makes you feel fuller for a longer period of time. This in turn prevents you from overeating or reaching out for unhealthy junk food in between your meals, thus supporting healthy weight management.
- Healthier alternative to maida based noodles and pasta : Gluten free pasta is not only ideal for individuals with gluten allergies but is in general a healthier option since they are made with nutritious ingredients such as quinoa, amaranth, jowar, black rice etc.
- Good source of plant based proteins: Quinoa, red lentil and chickpeas are known to be among the highest sources of plant based proteins thus making noodles and pastas made with such ingredients, highly nutrient rich.
So make a healthful choice and enjoy a guilt-free nutritious meal. Wholegrain noodles and pastas are not only highly nutritious but also help you to avoid various harmful ingredients which are detrimental to your health.